8th Annual Carmel Concours on the Avenue
The 8th Annual Carmel-by-the-Sea Concours on the Avenue is being held Tuesday August 12th, 2014 from 10am to 5pm on Ocean Avenue in Carmel. The Concours not only showcases spectacular vintage and rare vehicles but also support The Carmel Foundation and its programs for Monterey Peninsula seniors.
Ocean Avenue closes down for the day and plays host to gems of motoring. 175 vehicles compete for top spot in many categories including the coveted "Best of Show" and winners will be announced in the afternoon.
In addition to "Best of Show", entrants compete for a variety of awards in many categories (15 altogether), including:
- THE TOM AND VIRGINIA JENNARO FERRARI CUP
For the Ferrari selected by the Chief Class Judge
- THE BRUCE ANDERSON PORSCHE CUP
For the Porsche selected by the Chief Class Judges
- THE ROBERT J. RICHARDS CONTINENTAL CUP
For theautomobile that best represents post-World War II Continental excellence
- THE CARMEL FOUNDATION AWARD
For the automobile that might be seen in period on Scenic Road with the driver showing visitors the sights
- THE SAM GARRETT OCEAN AVENUE MOTOR CLUB AWARD
For the entry that best represents the hard-to-define fun factor
The Concours features rare cars from America and Europe including muscle cars, hot rods, sports cars, luxury cars and micro cars. From gleaming classics to the fantastical, the Concours has something for car enthusiasts and novices alike. Bring a camera and prepare to be dazzled.
The following video was shared via The Weekly Driver YouTube channel. It features moments from the 2012 Carmel-by-the-Sea Concours on the Avenue and gives you a hint of the color, variety, beauty, power and engineering magic that will be on display. Vroom vroom!
Guests at our Carmel inns - Monte Verde Inn and Casa de Carmel, will be happy to know we are a 1-minute walk from Ocean Avenue right in the thick of the action. Take a walk down Monte Verde Street to Ocean and make a day of the festivities. Carmel will be bustling with activity, sites and sounds.
- 2014 Monterey Jazz Festival
- Day Hiking Near Carmel
- Carmel Art Colony
- Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
- Famous Carmel Writers
- Carmel 2nd of Top 10 Small Cities
- Carmel and Clint Eastwood
- About Monterey County
- Carmel Bach Festival 2014
- Movies Made in Carmel and Monterey
- A Vacation in Carmel, CA
- Carmel Number 1 City for Romance in U.S.
- See What's Happening at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Local Carmel Artist Luke Lamar's Summer Beach Bags
- April Events - Sea Otter Classic - Big Sur Marathon