Day Hiking Near Carmel
Do you like to walk in the shallows and tide pools or are you are a serious hiker? Are you travelling alone or in a group? Are you happily half of a romantic couple? Travelling with family, kids, and pets?
To experience the fantastic landscapes, seascapes, and legendary vistas of Monterey, Big Sur, Carmel-by-the-Sea, and the Carmel and Salinas Valleys, one must go walkabout. Monterey County offers parks, guided nature and wildlife adventures, and hiking trails for everyone, from beach and sand strolls to challenging elevations rewarded with breathtaking views.
Day Hike Provisions
Wear layered clothing so it's easy to cool off. Comfortable sneakers or hiking boots, and don't forget your hat!
Bring water (very important!), sunblock, snacks, maybe a sandwich, and always sunscreen, in a small daypack.
Hiking for Everyone
Jacks Peak County Park
Park close to the peak and stroll to the top.
See the Monterey County Parks map of Jacks Peak County Park trails.
Hikes for Romantics
For Serious Hikers
Read more information about Carmel parks and beaches.
Book a Hiking Weekend at Our Carmel Inns
- 2014 Monterey Jazz Festival
- Carmel Art Colony
- Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
- 8th Annual Carmel-by-the-Sea Concours
- Famous Carmel Writers
- Carmel 2nd of Top 10 Small Cities
- Carmel and Clint Eastwood
- About Monterey County
- Carmel Bach Festival 2014
- Movies Made in Carmel and Monterey
- A Vacation in Carmel, CA
- Carmel Number 1 City for Romance in U.S.
- See What's Happening at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Local Carmel Artist Luke Lamar's Summer Beach Bags
- April Events - Sea Otter Classic - Big Sur Marathon